Linda Ronstadt – Heart Like A Wheel (1974/2013)
FLAC (tracks) 24-bit/192 kHz | Time – 31:40 minutes | 1,22 GB | Genre: Rock
Studio Master, Official Digital Download – Source: HDTracks | Booklet, Front Cover | © Capitol Records
– #1 on Billboard 200 album chart in 1975.
– #1 song on the Billboard Hot 100 with “You’re No Good”.
– 51 weeks on the Billboard 200 Chart.
– Named top female pop artist of the year by Billboard.
– Certified Gold in January 1975 by the RIAA, and Platinum and Double Platinum in 1991.
– Linda Ronstadt was awarded a GRAMMY in 1976 for Best Country Vocal Performance Female for “I Can’t Help It (If I’m Still In Love With You)”.
– Heart Like a Wheel was ranked #164 by Rolling Stone magazine on its list of the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time.
Heart Like a Wheel is considered by many to be Linda Ronstadt’s masterpiece album, as well as a perfect example of the emerging genre of country rock. The album did extremely well with both pop/rock and country listeners, and was Ronstadt’s commercial breakthrough. It featured arrangements by Peter Asher, Andrew Gold, and Gregory Rose that are now considered to be exemplary within the genre. Critics and listeners agree; this is one of Ronstadt’s best albums!
Heart Like a Wheel features a number of covers by Ronstadt of songs from an all-star cast of songwriters, including Hank Williams (“I Can’t Help It if I’m Still in Love with You”), Clint Ballad, Jr. (“You’re No Good”), Phil Everly (“When Will I Be Loved”), and James Taylor (“You Can Close Your Eyes”). The album became the first of Ronstadt’s three number-one albums on the Billboard album chart. After spending an impressive 51 weeks on the charts, it has remained in print in the 38 years since its first release.
01 – You’re No Good
02 – It Doesn’t Matter Anymore
03 – Faithless Love
04 – Dark End Of The Street
05 – Heart Like A Wheel
06 – When Will I Be Loved
07 – Willin’
08 – I Can’t Help It (If I’m Still in Love With You)
09 – Keep Me From Blowing Away
10 – You Can Close Your Eyes